Hey Everyone, I recently had my first interview for an “adult” job! I was super nervous about the questions they would ask, so I asked my husband, friends and family about questions they have been asked in the past. I put all the questions together, wrote out the answers and studied before my interview. I got the job!! I compiled all the questions from my peers and added all the questions that I was asked in my interview. I hope this list can prepare you and help ease your mind. Here is a list of EverythingKaysi’s top 25 interview questions/statements that prepared me the most:
Everything Kaysi’s Top 25 Best Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about our company? Specifically the department you are applying for.
- Why would you be the better candidate over someone that has a higher degree or more experience than you?
- Tell me what you would do if you heard a rumor about someone and then you had to work with him or her. Would you assume the rumor to be true or get to know the person first?
- Describe a situation when you went above and beyond.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
- Who is your role model and why?
- Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult client/customer. What did you do to improve their experience?
- Tell me a time when you had to experience an ethical dilemma. How did you deal with the situation?
- How are you perceived in your profession?
- Name one time you wish you would have handled a situation differently. What was the outcome of the situation?
- Is there a reason we shouldn’t hire you?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you find most rewarding about your current job?
- Tell me a time when someone made a decision that you did not agree with and what did you do about it?
- Tell me a time when you had to lead a group?
- Tell me a time when you did not have the knowledge to complete a task. How did you overcome the lack of knowledge?
- Tell me a time when you learned from a mistake.
- What was your favorite job and why?
- Is community service important to you? Tell me about your most recent community service experience.
- Tell me a time when you went against authority. What was the outcome? What did you learn from that situation?
- Tell me about a time when your group leader wasn’t doing his job. How did you handle the situation?
- Tell me about a time when a group member wasn’t pulling his weight but still expected credit. How would you handle this situation?
- What lead you to choose this profession?
These questions helped me prepare the most. I was surprised by the amount of situational questions I was asked in my interview, so be ready to answer those type of questions as well. I was applying for nursing positions so my situational questions were client related. The interviewer wanted to know how I would react to certain situations and ethical dilemmas. Best of luck on your interview!! Please comment more interview questions that could benefit other people. Thanks!! Please like me on Facebook or share this post on Pinterest!